Friday, October 30, 2009

Sony KDL-46W4100 It looks great, great picture, good sound. Buy warranty from Sony if you are going to buy a warranty!

Had this set for about a week now. It took about 1 week to be delivered with the "white glove" service, which consisted of 2 delivery guys bringing it into the room of my choice, unboxing, installing the footplate, lifting it onto the tv stand and plugging it in to be sure there was some sort of video and the remote worked. That's it - no problem for me hooking in the cable box and other acccesories, but don't expect them to do that for you.

If you are going to cover with a warranty, you should be able to buy it directly from Sony if purchasing from Amazon.com. Here is my understanding: You can cover the set for 4 years from the original purchase date (in home service for this set) for 299.99 (as of the date of this review).

The picture is stunning. I have the set in a room with lots of windows and two sets of French doors full of windows to the exterior. I have had no problem with glare (which was my main concern with and LCD or Plasma going into this room). The curtains close things off nicely, but even when I open everything up in the middle of the day, it still has no glare issues.

I am not really a technophile, but I love the picture quality (which deteriorates when sitting too close, but you are buying a 46 so you don't have to right?) - built in speakers seem more than adequate for my slightly larger than average den with high vaulted ceilings.

No complaints.

[...]

No comments:

Post a Comment