Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sony KDL-46W4100 A great LCD TV

This TV is awesome. I've been using it for a few weeks now, and everything works just like expected. I'm not going to give a technical review of the TV, as you can find those on the web. I do want to say that you can't go wrong with it. I spent a long (very long!) time debating between this one and the Samsung A650. They are very similar TVs. While the specs of the A650 are better, I looked at the two in the store and found it very difficult to tell a difference. However, there were multiple areas where the Sony was better for my personal taste. First, I am not a fan of glossy screens. While the W4100 is more glossy than its predecessor, it is significantly less glossy than the A650. This is a big plus if you have any lights or windows in the same room as the TV. Second, the speakers on the Sony are quite good for TV speakers. It won't match a separate sound system, but it is good enough to use. In contrast, the speakers on the A650 are useless. Also, while the menu driven system takes some getting used to, at least the remote control is a pleasure to use - again in contrast to the A650. Of course, the TV comes with all the delights of a Sony Bravia TV, but I leave that to a more in depth review.

In summary:

I love this TV. I would buy it again.

In comparison to the A650 - take a look at the two TVs side by side in a store. Pick the one you think is better. That is what it comes down to in the end - personal opinion. What matters to you in a TV? They are both excellent TVs.

No comments:

Post a Comment